Alexis focuses primarily on syndicated debt and structured financing, acting for both domestic and international financiers and debtors. He has significant experience with structuring and documenting equipment financings, leveraged financings, asset-based financings, franchise financing arrangements, margin loans, securitizations, receivables financings and hotel financings.
Alexis is the co-ordinator of the firm's Public Sector and Government working group. He also advises on public law, political law and lobbying matters, has served as an adjunct professor of public law and decision-making at Osgoode Hall Law School, and has been a Law Society lecturer on doing business with the Canadian public sector. Alexis has served as a political strategist for several current and former senior federal, provincial and municipal public office holders. He currently sits on the Toronto Area Committee of Legal Aid Ontario.
- C$1.2-billion leveraged financing for a leading Canadian manufacturer from a syndicate of lenders
- Leveraged financing for a syndicate of lenders in respect of a major Canadian mineral company
- Asset-backed revolving credit facilities obtained by a leading Canadian retailer
- Asset-based financing of a leading Canadian forestry company by a global financing company
- Equipment financings by a leading global finance company to a prominent Canadian manufacturer
- Securitization of vehicle leases by a leading vehicle manufacturer and a global financial institution
- Securitization of receivables, with a vehicle financing company as seller, a leading securitization trust as purchaser, and a major insurance company as investor
- Vehicle acquisition financing facility for a leading transportation company
- Project financing for a group of Canadian hotels by a European lender
- Investment grade financing for Bell Aliant Regional Communications, Limited Partnership provided by a syndicate led by the Bank of Nova Scotia
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Alexis is recognized in the following publications:
- IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms - 2017 Edition (Rising Star - Banking)
- IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms - 2017 Edition (Rising Star - Capital Markets: Structured finance and securitization)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2015 (Leading lawyer - Banking and Finance Law)
Blakes Bulletin on Government & Public Sector, December 29, 2016.
Blakes Bulletin on Government & Public Sector, Agust 31, 2016
Blakes Bulletin on Lobbying, May 19, 2016.
Blakes Bulletin on Government & Public Sector, March 15, 2016.
Blakes Bulletin on Lobbying, December 9, 2015.
Blakes Bulletin on Lobbying, July 2015.
Blakes Bulletin on Lobbying, June 2015.
Blakes Bulletin on Lobbying, May 2015.
Lobbying Legislation Changes for Communicating with Ontario and Alberta Governments
Blakes Bulletin on Lobbying, January 2015.
Blakes Bulletin on Lobbying, November 2014.
Blakes Bulletin on Lobbying, May 2014.
Blakes Bulletin on Lobbying, April 2014.