Navin is a Partner in the Blakes Competition, Antitrust & Foreign Investment group, widely regarded as Canada's preeminent competition law practice. Consistently ranked as a leading competition law practitioner, Navin is recognized by Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business as an "outstanding analytical thinker" who is "deeply competent with respect to agency strategy." He provides strategic and timely advice on all aspects of competition and foreign investment law in Canada.
Navin's clients rely on him for advice on domestic and multinational mergers, joint ventures, strategic alliances, cartels, abuse of dominance investigations, class actions and compliance programs. He is considered an expert on Canada's foreign investment laws and regulations, including those pertaining to national security and state-owned enterprises.
Prior to joining Blakes in 2003, Navin practised with a multinational law firm in Washington, D.C., for several years.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Navin is continuously recognized as a leading competition law practitioner in the following publications:
- Acritas Stars 2016: Independently Rated Lawyers (Nominated as a stand-out lawyer by senior in-house counsel)
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Competition Law)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (Competition/Antitrust Law)
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business ("Navin is an outstanding analytical thinker - deeply competent with respect to agency strategy.")
- Chambers Canada: Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business (Competition/Antitrust)
- Who's Who Legal (Competition - "Navin Joneja is described as 'very sharp and focused' in relation to transactions concerning the notification and clearance provisions of the Competition Act and Investment Canada Act.")
- Legal Media Group's Guide to the World's Leading Competition and Antitrust Lawyers
- The Legal 500 Canada (Recommended - Competition and Antitrust)
He has also been named one of the top "40 under 40" competition lawyers worldwide in the 2012 edition of Global Competition Review.