Silvana has over 20 years of commercial real estate experience. She has worked on a wide variety of transactions, with an emphasis on real estate financings, joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions of commercial real estate properties, receivership sales, security enforcement and restructurings.
Silvana is committed to providing clients with timely, high-quality service and strives to provide practical, effective advice to help achieve the client's goal.
Significant transactions that highlight Silvana's practice include advising:
- WestLB AG and Alvarez & Marsal, court-appointed receiver, in connection with the disposition of a luxury condominium hotel and conference centre on Lake Rosseau, Ontario
- Sun Life Assurance Company in its C$225-million financings, including the first-mortgage financing of Guelph mental-health care facility, the first mortgage acquisition financing of seven nursing homes out of receivership and the first mortgage financing of four retail power centres
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board in a number of acquisitions, joint ventures and financings of office properties in Ontario
- A foreign investor in the disposition of its joint venture interest in Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre in the Yorkville district of Toronto, Ontario
- CDPQ Mortgage Corporation's C$405-million financing of five Westin hotels
- A foreign investor in the acquisition of joint venture interests in office/retail properties in Ontario and Quebec
- Legacy Hotel REIT's C$380-million financings of eight of its hotel properties
- Aareal Bank in its C$352-million financings, including acquisition financing of Four Seasons Hotel, Toronto; financing of Airway Centre office complex, Mississauga; acquisition and renovation financing of eight hotel properties in Ontario, Manitoba and Quebec; and acquisition financing of Holiday Inn on King, Toronto
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Silvana is recognized as a leading lawyer in the following publications:
- Chambers Canada: Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business 2017
- The Legal 500 Canada 2017
- Legal Media Group's Guide to the World's Leading Lawyers in Construction and Real Estate 2017 (Real Estate)
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business 2016
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016 (Repeatedly Recommended in Property Development)
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2016 (Real Estate)
- Legal Media Group's Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law 2015
Blakes Bulletin on Commercial Real Estate, April 25, 2017.