Sébastien specializes in bank financing, project financing and asset-based financing. He has been involved in numerous bank and project financings in Canada, Europe, Africa and Asia. Other areas of expertise include renewable energy and infrastructure projects, aircraft leasing, and financing.
Sébastien acts for financial institutions, investment funds, development banks, sponsors and companies.
Sébastien has acted as legal counsel on a wide range of issues including to:
Banking and Financial Services
- The agent and the lenders on multiple syndicated transactions and on acquisition finance transactions (including the lenders on the C$3.2-billion financing for Alimentation Couche-Tard for the Statoil acquisition)
- The agent and the lenders on a C$70-million syndicated asset based financing
- A lender for the financing of an LNG project in India
- The investor with respect to the purchase of an electricity transmission company in Chile
- The lenders for the project financing of a 69 MW wind-farm project in Quebec
- A lender for the financing of a 25 MW wind-farm project in Quebec
- The lenders for the financing of a 22 MW hydroelectric power project in British Columbia
- The lenders for the C$725-million project financing of a 272 MW wind-farm project in Quebec (Project Finance Americas Deal of the Year 2011, PFI Awards 2011 Renewables Deal of the Year - Americas, Trade Finance Deal of the Year 2011 - Americas (Trade Finance Magazine))
- A lender for the financing of a 100 MW wind-farm project in Quebec
- The sponsor for the acquisition and financing of 90 MW of wind-farms projects in Ontario
- The sponsor for a US$107.5-million financing of a gold mine in Mexico
- An investor with respect to its investment in a fund which primary objective is to achieve a long-term environmental, social and financial return on investment in companies in Asia that have a beneficial impact on the environment or are involved in sustainable environmental technologies or services
- An investor for the acquisition of the largest software professional services firm in Egypt
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Sébastien is recognized as a leading lawyer in the following publications:
- Law Business Research's Who's Who Legal: Canada 2013 (Project Finance)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2014 (Banking and Finance Law, and Project Finance Law)
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2013 (Project Finance)
- IFLR1000: The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms - 2013 Edition (Project Finance)
- Law Business Research's The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2013 (Project Finance)
- Law Business Research's The International Who's Who of Project Finance Lawyers 2013
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012 (Banking & Financial Institutions)
Blakes Bulletin on Energy, January 17, 2014
Blakes Bulletin on Doing Business in Africa, September 2012.
Syndicated Loan and Project Financing
Blakes Business Class Client Seminar, Montreal, Quebec, May 11, 2011.
Syndicated Loans and Project Financings
Insight Conference on Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Agreements, Montréal, Québec, January 25, 2011.