Chris' practice focuses on domestic and cross-border debt financing, debtor-in-possession and exit financing in the insolvency context, restructuring transactions, structured finance and debt enforcement.
Prior to working in the Blakes Financial Services Group, Chris spent five years in the Restructuring and Insolvency Group, practicing primarily in the field of corporate restructuring, insolvency litigation and debt enforcement. Chris is an adjunct professor at York University's Osgoode Hall Law School, where for four years he has led an upper year law school seminar focussing on an in-depth analysis of contemporary issues in the area of contractual remedies, including: the classification of contract terms; the effect of fundamental breach; exclusion and limitation of liability clauses; contract and tort; restitution; damages; specific performance, injunctions and rescission.
Chris has advised in the following deals:
- Skyservice Airlines Inc. (Re), 2011 ONSC 6369
- GE Canada Equipment Financing G.P. v. Barber Group Rentals Inc. 2011 CarswellOnt 5878
- Skyservice Airlines Inc., Re 2011 CarswellOnt 3085
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce v. Nadiscorp Logistics Group Inc., 2010 ONCA 397
- Fraser Papers Inc., Re  O.J. No. 4287
- Arclin Canada Ltd., Re.  O.J. No. 3597
- Straumur-Burdaras Investment Bank hf., Re.  O.J. No. 3798
- Bank of Nova Scotia v. Huronia Precision Plastics Inc. (2008), 50 C.B.R. (5th) 58
Osgoode Hall Law School, Winter Term 2011/2012, 2010/2011.
Current Trends in Sales Processes
Consulting & Deals University, PricewaterhouseCoopers, King City, Ontario, August 8, 2011.
Retail Insolvency and Credit Protection
Canadian Gift and Tablewares Association Credit Seminar, February 10, 2010.