As Practice Group Leader of the Blakes E-Discovery & Document Management team, Anne advises clients on all aspects of e-discovery and has led some of the largest and most complex document production cases in Canada. She has extensive experience dealing with the Canadian Competition Bureau and is an expert in responding to supplementary information requests (SIRs).
Anne also provides advice to clients on document management and retention issues. She helps clients determine how long they need to keep classes of documents, develop implementation plans and be "e-discovery ready" for when they need to produce documents in response to litigation or an investigation.
In addition, Anne manages the Blakes inSource team of lawyers, who are experts in document review and related matters.
As an advocate, Anne represents clients in court on e-discovery issues.
Recent mandates include:
- Assisting major North American companies across a broad range of industries comply with SIRs and Section 11 orders received from the Competition Bureau
- Leading the review and production of documents for Visa Inc. in connection with competition law matters
- Working with multinational clients and U.S. counsel to coordinate document review and production for major North American class actions
- Leading document review and production matters in relation to securities regulatory proceedings
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Anne has been recognized in the following publications:
- Who's Who Legal: Litigation 2015 (E-Discovery)
Ontario Bar Association, Ontario e-Discovery Institute, October 2015.
Blakes Bulletin on Financial Services Regulatory, September 3, 2013.
Developing a Strong Litigation Readiness Strategy", Technology in Practice 2015
Commonwealth Legal, Toronto, Ontario, November 5, 2015.
Lawyer Project Leadership: The Evolution of Legal Project Management
Technology in Practice 2014, Toronto, Ontario, November 5-7, 2014.
Predictive Coding - Will it Revolutionize Document Review?
Ontario Bar Association, Toronto, Ontario, September 10, 2014.
Technology Assisted Review
Working Group 7 - Sedona Canada Meeting, The Sedona Conference, Toronto, Ontario, August 21, 2014.
Novel Sources of Electronic Evidence
Ontario Bar Association, Toronto, Ontario, June 3, 2014.
Co-chair and Speaker:
Best Practices for Electronic Document Reviews
Ontario Bar Association, Toronto, Ontario, May 1, 2014.
Moderator and Speaker:
Working with Vendors
Ontario e-Discovery Institute 2013, Toronto, Ontario, October 30, 2013.