Gabriel's practice focuses on representing banks, financial institutions, lenders and borrowers in a wide variety of financing transactions, including project finance, acquisition financing, real estate financing and corporate financing. He participates in several aspects of the process, from due diligence to transaction closing, including the drafting, negotiating and reviewing of various types of agreements.
Gabriel is fluent in English and French.
Gabriel has acted as legal counsel on a wide range of issues including for:
- The lenders for the project financing of a 69 MW wind-farm project in Quebec
- A lender for the financing of a 25 MW wind-farm project in Quebec
- The lenders for the financing of a 22 MW hydroelectric power project in British Columbia
- Apax Partners LLP in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Ideal Protein, a proprietary weight loss and wellness solutions company
- The purchasers in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Manac Inc., a North American leader in the design and manufacture of specialty trailers
- A syndicate of lenders in connection with the financing of 9010114 Canada Inc.'s acquisition of Knowlton Development Corporation Inc.
- The lenders on the C$3.2-billion financing for Alimentation Couche-Tard for the Statoil acquisition
Real Estate Financing
- The borrower in connection with an aggregate C$260-million mortgage financing for the refinancing of a commercial center on the south shore of Montréal.
- Lassonde Industries Inc. in connection with a syndicated C$250-million financing
Blakes Bulletin on Energy, Environmental & Aboriginal, Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Plan Nord, Power, Renewable Energy, April 12, 2016.