Hélène advises clients on technology business sales, commercial contracts and outsourcing transactions. Her mergers and acquisitions experience working in leading Montréal law firms, along with her knowledge of complex information technology (IT) and intellectual property (IP) issues, helps clients effectively manage their growth while diminishing business risks.
Fluent in English and French, Hélène advises international clients in North America as well as Europe and helps them navigate through both the civil law and common law systems.
Hélène Deschamps Marquis has been ranked by Lexpert 2016 as repeatedly recommended for Computer IT Law and Technology Transactions.
- Assisted a major Quebec corporation in the negotiation of a cloud computing arrangement for an important part of its IT infrastructure
- Assisted various gaming companies with their financing and commercial agreements
- Assisted a major Canadian corporation in the energy sector organize and conduct a request for proposal for the outsourcing of an important part of its IT infrastructure
- Assisted a Canadian bank organize and conduct a request for proposal for the outsourcing of an important part of its IT infrastructure
- Assisted a major technology corporation respond to an important request for proposal in France
- Assisted Microsoft Corporation expand its IP portfolio by the acquisition of a Quebec security and software company
- Advised xwave, a Bell Aliant division, during lengthy negotiations with the Quebec government and its partners concerning agreements related to the Dossier de santé électronique interopérable du Québec and assisted xwave with managing the risks related to such a complex transaction
- Advised a French company on its purchase of a leading research and development consulting firm in the province of Quebec permitting the company to grow its North American market
- Advised a large software industry player in its negotiation of distribution agreements in Europe and the United States by assisting the company to secure a solid distribution of its products worldwide
- Assisted a forestry company based in Ontario acquiring sawmills and other assets in Quebec
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Hélène is recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada 2016 in the area of Information Technology Law.
Chapter on Canada
Sourcing World, Jurisdictional Comparisons, Second edition 2015, p. 69, November 2014
Les éléments-clés du contrat de "cloud computing"
Droit de l'informatique en nuage, Federated Press, Montreal, Quebec, November 19, 2013.
Ce qu'il faut savoir avant de signer un contrat de "cloud computing"
Canadian Corporate Counsel Association, Quebec Section, Montreal, Quebec, November 13, 2013.