Jeff is the Chair of the Blakes Infrastructure Group and the head of the Vancouver Real Estate Group. He has substantial expertise in developing, buying, selling, leasing and financing major commercial real estate and infrastructure projects.
Jeff has particular expertise in P3s and AFPs, including all aspects of major design, build, finance and operate projects working with private partners and governments to deliver infrastructure assets using private financing. His clients include private equity funds, major Canadian pension funds and their advisers, as well as other private investors and significant developers and users of real estate and infrastructure projects.
Jeff provides legal services through Jeffrey Merrick Law Corporation.
Jeff's recent experience extends to major transportation projects such as the Sea to Sky Highway and Port Mann Bridge/Highway 1 improvement project in British Columbia, energy projects, including the John Hart Rehabilitation Project and LNG Canada's LNG project in Kitimat, B.C., as well as major hospital and other social infrastructure projects in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Jeff is recognized as a leading lawyer in the following publications:
- Chambers Global Canada: 2017 (Real Estate and PPP & Infrastructure)
- The Legal 500 Canada 2017 (Leading Lawyer - Infrastructure & Projects)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2010-2015 (Real Estate Law, Project Finance Law, Gaming Law, Construction Law, Public Procurement Law)
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2014 (Procurement/Real Estate)
- Who's Who Legal 2011-2013 (Public Procurement)
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business 2009-2015 (Real Estate and PPP & Infrastructure)
He was also named the Best Lawyers' 2012 Vancouver Real Estate Law Lawyer of the Year.