Patrick's practice encompasses a wide range of commercial real estate matters, including leasing, purchase and sale transactions, and financings. He also provides real estate advice in connection with a variety of domestic and international mergers and acquisitions transactions. He regularly acts for a broad range of domestic and international clients, including institutional investors, pension funds, landlords and tenants.
In 2016, Patrick was seconded to the Firm's Middle East offices in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, where his practice covered a range of international corporate, commercial and real estate matters. He also completed a part-time secondment at one of the Firm's major clients in the region, working under the company's general counsel to support various contracting, supply chain, and housing matters and initiatives.
Recent representative matters include advising:
- A Canadian REIT in connection with the purchase of an industrial facility in Cambridge, Ontario
- Sadara Chemical Company, a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Dow Chemical, on various real estate and other commercial agreements related to its petrochemical complex located in Jubail, Saudi Arabia
- Ontario Pension Board in connection with the purchase of a 30 per cent non-managing interest in the Toronto-Dominion Centre and a concurrent sale of 30 per cent interest in an office development site at 16 York Street from Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited
- A major Canadian energy company on real estate elements of the sale of one of its business lines
- An international skin-care brand on a range of leasing matters connected to its entry into the Canadian market
- GWL Realty Advisors Inc. in connection with various leasing matters, principally relating to the development of office buildings in the South Core neighbourhood of Toronto
- An international chocolatier and confectionery company on a range of leasing matters connected to its expansion into branded retail stores in various Canadian provinces
- EmTwo Properties on a range of leasing matters, including office leases, early surrenders, renewals and assignments
- Investor clients of GWL Realty Advisors Inc. in connection with the C$153.8-million purchase of 151 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, a 19-storey 270,000-square-foot office tower in downtown Toronto
- Standard Life on real estate elements of the sale of its Canadian insurance business to Manulife
- Landlords and tenants in the drafting and negotiation of leases for office, industrial and retail space, lease amending agreements and subleases