Eleni Kassaris
Partner | Vancouver
Vancouver: 604-631-3327

Eleni has a varied employment law and litigation and dispute resolution practice where she represents clients in a wide range of industries, including mining, oil and gas, construction, and life sciences. As part of her practice, Eleni acts in both an advisory capacity and as litigation counsel on matters relating to general contractual disputes, wrongful dismissal litigation, post-employment competition by former employees, human rights violations in the workplace, privacy law matters, workers compensation and occupational health and safety matters, compliance with employment standards and executive compensation matters.

Eleni has appeared before the Supreme Court of British Columbia, the Court of Appeal for British Columbia and the Federal Court of Canada, and regularly represents clients on matters before administrative bodies and tribunals.

  • Employment counsel to Carillion, PLC in connection with its indirect acquisition of a 60% interest in Rokstad Power Corporation for a purchase price payable in instalments of approximately C$75.4-million and its commitment to acquire the remaining 40% interest after five years at a price, subject to certain limitations, based on a multiple of EBITDA

  • Counsel on Hartslief v. Terra Nova Royalty Corporation, 2013 BCCA 417, the British Columbia Court of Appeal's recent statement on the authority of counsel to enter into binding settlement agreements on behalf of their clients

  • Employment counsel to Sirocco Mining Inc. on its C$114.5-million merger with Canada Lithium Corp.

  • Employment counsel to an affiliate of Arbor Investments on its acquisition of PBF Pita Bread Factory Ltd.

  • Employment counsel to Adobe Systems Corporation on its acquisition of Nitobi Software Inc.

  • Employment counsel to Tarasoft Corporation on its sale to CoreLogic Inc.

  • Successfully resolving wrongful dismissal proceedings, human rights complaints and employment standards matters on behalf of employers

  • Regularly advising clients in all aspects of privacy law, including drafting privacy policies, complaint procedures, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requests, compliance with the Personal Information Protection Act and assisting clients with complaints and inquiries before the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia

  • Advising clients on compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation

  • Counsel on E Care v. Macaraeg, 2008 BCCA 182, the leading decision in British Columbia on the jurisdiction of the courts in relation to enforcing employment standards legislation


Eleni is recognized as a leading lawyer in the following publications and award:

  • The Best Lawyers in Canada 2015 - 2019 (Labour and Employment Law)

  • Benchmark Canada: The Definitive Guide to Canada's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys - 2018 Edition (Litigation Star, British Columbia)

  • Lexpert magazine, November/December 2015 (Named a Lexpert Rising Star: Leading Lawyers Under 40)

  • The 2010 Lexpert Zenith Awards: Celebrating Pro Bono Publico (Category: Change Agent: Disability - Parkinson Society British Columbia)

Show Past:
Page: 1 of 1       1        Items per page: 25 | 50 | ALL
Page: 1 of 1       1        Items per page: 25 | 50 | ALL
Page: 1 of 1       1        Items per page: 25 | 50 | ALL
Moderator: The Impact of CASL, GDPR and Privacy Compliance on your Business
Benchmark Litigation, Women In Law Forum, Vancouver, British Columbia, May 9, 2019.
Speaker: Human Rights Law Round Up
Employment Law Conference, Continuing Legal Education Society, Vancouver, British Columbia, May 2, 2019.
Speaker: Cannabis at Work: Dealing with Curve Ball Situations
HRD Employment Law Masterclass, Vancouver, British Columbia, February 11, 2019.
Speaker: Working with the Right People: Key Employment Documents for the Tech Start-Up
Working with the Tech Start-Up, The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, April 19, 2017.
Speaker: "Interview Strategies" and "Sexual Harassment"
Mapping Her Path, University of British Columbia Law Student Preparation Workshop, Justice Education Society and Status of Women Canada, March 4, 2017.
Panellist: Best Practices for Managing Disability in the Workplace
Recent Development in Employment and Labour Law, Blakes Business Class Seminar, Vancouver, British Columbia, November 8, 2016.
Speaker: Managing a Data Breach: Notification Considerations and Managing the Crisis
Stop Hackers from Taking a Byte: Cybersecurity and Responding to Data Breaches, Blakes Business Class Seminar, Vancouver, British Columbia, October 13, 2016.
Page: 1 of 1       1        Items per page: 25 | 50 | ALL