Despite the economic instability in 2015, the Canadian market was abuzz with deal activity. Lexpert captured some of the year’s standouts in its annual list of the Top 10 Deals. We are pleased to report that Blakes acted as a key legal adviser on five of the transactions:
- Hydro One’s initial public offering (IPO), the largest Canadian IPO since 2000 (counsel to the underwriters)
- Repsol S.A.’s US$13.5-billion acquisition of Talisman Energy Inc. (counsel to Talisman’s Board of Directors)
- Emera Inc.’s US$10.4-billion acquisition of TECO Energy Inc. (counsel to TECO)
- Element Financial Corporation’s US$8.6-billion acquisition of GE Capital’s fleet management business (counsel to Element Financial)
- Shopify Inc.’s US$150-million initial public offering (counsel to the underwriters)
Lexpert has been publishing its Top 10 Deals list since 2004. The list is based on an extensive canvass of Canadian M&A, securities and corporate finance lawyers.
View full list.