There have been many legislative and regulatory changes across Canada for pension plan administrators in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. While we have discussed notable updates in various Blakes insights as they have arisen over the last several months, this infographic provides a high-level summary of changes across the country. We will continue to update this infographic as further legislative and regulatory changes develop.
This infographic is current as of September 4, 2020.
View Infographic Here
For further information, please contact a member of our Pensions, Benefits & Executive Compensation
group and see our previous Pensions, Benefits & Executive Compensation COVID-19 insights:
- September 9, 2020: OSFI Lifts Temporary Portability Freeze and Restriction on Buy-Out Annuity Purchases
- July 21, 2020: New Temporary Relief Measures for Supplemental Pension Plans in Quebec
- July 7, 2020: Draft Pension and Deferred Salary Leave Tax Regulations Released
- June 30, 2020: Alberta Introduces Additional COVID-19-Related Relief
- June 2, 2020: Update No. 2: Considerations for Pensions and Benefits During COVID-19
- May 29, 2020: Alert: FSRA Releases Approach to Limitations on Defined Benefit Commuted Value Transfers and Annuity Purchases
- May 28, 2020: Top 5 Employer Questions on the Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- May 1, 2020: Alert: OSFI Updates FAQs for Federally Regulated Private Pension Plans
- April 27, 2020: Alert: FSRA Releases Pension Sector Emergency Management Response
- April 21, 2020: Update: Considerations for Pensions and Benefits During COVID-19
- April 21, 2020: Quebec Announces Temporary Relief Measures for Supplemental Pension Plans During COVID-19
- April 17, 2020: FAQs: Canadian Pension Plans and COVID-19
- April 16, 2020: COVID-19 Equity and Equity-Based Compensation Plan Considerations
- March 23, 2020: Considerations for Pensions and Benefits During COVID-19
Please visit our COVID-19 Resource Centre to learn more about how COVID-19 may impact your business.
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at email@example.com.
© 2020 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP