This interactive workshop is hosted by Blakes in partnership with the Competition Bureau, the International Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association.
Commissioner of Competition John Pecman has made competition promotion and compliance a central focus of the Bureau’s strategic mandate, and has created a new high-profile Compliance Unit dedicated to compliance matters within the Competition Promotion Branch.
Join the Competition Bureau, Blakes Competition, Antitrust & Foreign Investment group and leading in-house counsel for the first Calgary stop of the Bureau’s national roadshow to launch its new guidance on competition law compliance.
Gain practical tips on how to develop, implement and champion a credible and effective competition law compliance program.
- Primer on competition law compliance for in-house counsel
- Bureau update on new competition law compliance guidelines and the ICC Antitrust Compliance Toolkit
- Practical tips on developing, implementing and championing competition law compliance programs
- Navigating compliance in trade associations, joint ventures and other topics relevant for businesses operating in Western Canada
- Nadia Brault, Director of Compliance, Competition Promotion Branch, Competition Bureau
- Ian Nielsen-Jones, Former Deputy Commissioner of Competition
- Anne Riley, Chair, ICC Task Force on Compliance and Advocacy; Associate General Counsel Antitrust and Head of Antitrust Team, Shell International Limited
- Julie Soloway, Partner, Competition, Antitrust & Foreign Investment Group, Blakes
Lunch and Registration: 12 – 12:30 p.m.
Presentations and Workshop: 12:30 – 3 p.m.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
855 - 2nd Street S.W.
Suite 3500, Bankers Hall East Tower
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2022 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP