Privilege continues to be a topic of considerable interest to both in-house legal teams and private practitioners. Join leading lawyers from Blakes who will survey recent developments regarding the law of privilege, with particular regard to the impact on general counsel and in-house legal teams.
- Overview of types of privilege
- Privilege compared to the Duty of Confidentiality
- Limits of common interest privilege in the context of negotiating a corporate transaction
- Limits on sharing privileged communications within the corporate group, including justified and permitted disclosure
- Privilege in the context of internal workplace investigations
- Provision of privileged communications to government bodies, including justified and permitted disclosure
- Breakfast and Registration: 8 – 8:30 a.m.
- Presentations and Q&A: 8:30 – 10 a.m.
- Brad Berg, Partner
- Iris Fischer, Partner
- Jeff Galway, Partner
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 45 minutes of Professionalism content and 45 minutes of Substantive content.
This organization has been approved as an Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content by the Law Society of Ontario.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
199 Bay Street
Suite 4000, Commerce Court West
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at email@example.com.
© 2022 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP