Canada's property and casualty (P&C) insurance industry is going through significant transformation. The foundations of the traditional business model are being disrupted by evolving consumer requirements, intensifying competition and innovative digital solutions.
Please join Blakes lawyers and guest speakers for a half-day program to learn about how the latest developments and regulatory changes impact your business, how to manage risk and governance and respond to innovations in the market, and how to steer your organization in the right direction to meet the evolving needs for the future of this industry.
- 8 – 8:30 a.m. – Breakfast and Registration
- 8:30 – 10 a.m. – Keynote and Presentation
- 10 – 10:15 a.m. – Break
- 10:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Panel Discussions
- 12:15 – 12:45 p.m. – Lunch
- 12:45 – 1:45 p.m. – Presentation and Interactive Workshop
- How technology is transforming the P&C industry
- IP considerations for insurtech innovations
- New technologies, new risks: incorporating risk management into innovation
- Embracing regulatory change
- Leveraging social media
- M&A in the insurance industry: consolidation and beyond
- Mario Fiorino, Senior Counsel, Insurance Bureau Canada
- Pradip K. Patiath, Senior Partner and Digital Financial Services Practice Lead, McKinsey & Company
- Jessica Langer, Social Media Consultant
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 4 hours and 15 minutes of Substantive content.
This program contains 4 hours of RIBO Accreditation in the Management category.
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2022 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP