Aboriginal issues continue to have significant influence on energy, mining, infrastructure and other projects in Western Canada. As a result, aboriginal law is key to driving change. Understanding recent legal and policy developments is critical to assessing risks and opportunities, and implementing successful business strategies.
Please join us for a complimentary seminar discussing the current status of aboriginal law and its impact on business.
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 – 8 a.m.
- Presentations: 8 – 9 a.m.
- Doing business with Aboriginal Peoples: merging good business practices with sound legal strategy
- The interplay between regulatory agencies, aboriginal communities, proponents and the public
- Ever-changing common law standards: key 2016 court decisions
- Federal and provincial policy developments in 2016 and 2017
Calgary Petroleum Club
319 – 5 Avenue S.W.
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at [email protected].
© 2023 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP