Join leaders in the Canadian cannabis industry for an in-depth look at the legal and regulatory landscape of medical and recreational cannabis. The Blakes Cannabis Summit will feature thought leaders from across the sector in Canada and the U.S., along with Blakes lawyers, who will delve into the latest developments, potential challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for businesses intersecting with cannabis in the upcoming year.
- Legalization: Challenges and Opportunities
- Current Market Status and the Opportunities from a Capital Markets Perspective
- Regulatory and Marketing Issues
- Employment Issues for the Cannabis Industry
- Cannabis, Commercial Real Estate and the Environment
- International Trade, Tax and Foreign Investments Considerations
- Fireside Chat: Leaders of Tomorrow
- Ruth Chun, General Counsel, Newstrike Resources Ltd.
- Glenn Fraser, Vice President, National Leader, Food & Beverage Processing, MNP LLP
- Michael Gorenstein, CEO, Cronos Group Inc
- Basem Hanna, President and Chief Executive Officer, TerrAscend Corp.
- Steve Hawkins, President and Co-CEO, Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc.
- Josh Kappel, Partner, Vicente Sederberg LLC
- Omar Khan, Vice President, Public Affairs, Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada
- Martin Landry, Managing Director, Equity Research - Special Situations & Consumer Products, GMP Securities L.P.
- Ronan Levy, Chief Corporate Officer and General Counsel, Canadian Cannabis Clinics
- Greg McLeish, Director, Equity Research, Mackie Research Capital
- Michael Nashat, Chief Operating Officer, TerrAscend Corp.
- Vic Neufeld, Chair of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, Aphria Inc.
- Joel Sherlock, Co-founder/Chairman, Vitalis Extraction Tech
- Steve Winokur, Managing Director, Investment Banking, Canaccord Genuity
- Joseph Grignano, Partner
- Michael Howcroft, Partner
- Jonathan Kahn, Partner
- Greg Kanargelidis, Partner
- Norbert Knutel, Partner
- Alexis Levine, Partner
- Tara Piurko, Partner
- Kevin Rusli, Partner
- Alice Tseng, Partner
- Zvi Halpern-Shavim, Associate
- Registration: 1:30 – 2 p.m.
- Presentations: 2 – 5:10 p.m.
- Networking: 5:10 – 6 p.m.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
199 Bay Street
Suite 4000, Commerce Court West
Toronto, Ontario (Map)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 3 hours of Substantive content.
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at email@example.com.
© 2022 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP