Cybersecurity diligence, data privacy and security obligations should be a critical chapter in every company's risk management playbook. Join us for an in-depth discussion on the growing concern over data breaches and how you can best prepare pre-breach and respond post-breach. Members of the Blakes
Cybersecurity group will be joined by Tim Appleby of Mandiant to speak about the M&A security assessments, drawing on Mandiant’s experience of advanced threat actors, responding to security breaches and extensive expertise evaluating security programs to help you assess and reduce risk and address potential security gaps throughout the merger or acquisition process.
- Building a proactive plan to effectively and efficiently detect and respond to a breach
- Identifying cybersecurity risks earlier in the M&A process
- Understanding directors' and officers' duties in overseeing the company's information security framework, as well as in the wake of a breach
- Establishing a privilege strategy for cyber-risk management activities, including preparing for and responding to a data security incident
- Exploring strategies to reduce the likelihood of a breach and mitigate the potential reputational and legal consequences
- Tim Appleby, Senior Manager – Strategic Security Programs, Mandiant
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 – 8 a.m.
- Presentations: 8 – 9:30 a.m.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
595 Burrard Street
Suite 2600, Three Bentall Centre
Vancouver, B.C. (Map)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program has been accredited for 1.5 CPD Credit Hour with The Law Society of British Columbia
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2022 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP