The stakes have never been higher for defendants facing civil and enforcement proceedings relating to their capital market activities. New take-over bid rules, securities class action developments and an ever-changing regulatory landscape pose continuous challenges for public issuers and their directors and officers.
Please join our panel of securities and litigation practitioners to address recent trends and developments in securities litigation and hear from the Ontario Securities Commission’s new Director of Enforcement, Jeff Kehoe.
- Breakfast and Registration: 8 – 8:30 a.m.
- Presentations: 8:30 – 10 a.m.
- Dialogue with Jeff Kehoe, Director of Enforcement, Ontario Securities Commission
- Securities class action update
- Dolly Varden and the effect of the new take-over bid rules
- Trends in securities regulatory proceedings
- Recent developments in court approval of transactions
- Jeff Kehoe, Director of Enforcement, Ontario Securities Commission
- Sean Boyle, Partner, Vancouver
- Nigel Campbell, Partner, Toronto
- Andrea Laing, Partner, Toronto
- Doug McLeod, Associate, Toronto
- Ryan Morris, Partner, Toronto
- Darren Reed, Partner, Calgary
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
199 Bay Street
Suite 4000, Commerce Court West
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 1 hour and 30 minutes of Substantive content.
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at email@example.com.
© 2022 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP