Join members of the Blakes Environmental group for a discussion around recent developments and cases in environmental law. Panellists will provide five-minute lively updates on noteworthy (but often overlooked) aspects of recent developments and cases with a focus on the potential impacts to your operations.
- Provincial regulatory update, including anticipated changes/trends in British Colombia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec
- Federal regulatory review: an update on the CEAA, National Energy Board, Fisheries Act and Navigation Protection Act
- Species at risk: potential stand-off between B.C. and the feds, and pending B.C. species-at-risk legislation
- Commercial issues, including indemnities and remediation end-points
- Social acceptance and Crown consultation, including recent cases on these issues
- Enforcement and litigation, including recent cases on damages in pollution cases and “bigger and bigger” environmental penalties
- Tony Crossman, Partner, Vancouver
- Janice Walton, Counsel, Vancouver
- Nardia Chernawsky, Associate, Vancouver
- Sam Adkins, Partner, Vancouver
- Jonathan Kahn, Partner, Toronto
- Charles Kazaz, Partner, Montréal
- Duff Harper, Partner, Calgary
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:15 – 7:45 a.m.
- Presentations: 7:45 – 9:15 a.m.
Fairmont Pacific Rim
Emerald Conference Room
1038 Canada Place
Vancouver, B.C. (Map)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program has been accredited for 1.5 CPD Credit Hours with The Law Society of British Columbia.
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at email@example.com.
© 2022 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP