The economic climate of the past three years has seen a marked increase in the number of construction projects that have been terminated, suspended or threatened to be terminated. Please join us as we discuss some of the key issues that can arise from such terminations or potential terminations and practical tips for protecting existing rights and remedies under the project contract.
- Drafting and interpreting default and termination clauses – when and how can the contract lawfully be terminated?
- Termination for cause and termination for convenience
- Does the duty of good faith in the performance of contracts extend to termination?
- Damages clauses – what remedies may be available on termination?
- Drafting and utilizing dispute resolution clauses – how should disputes regarding termination best be resolved?
- Recent court decisions of interest in interpreting construction contracts and termination clauses
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 – 8 a.m.
- Presentations: 8 – 9 a.m.
Calgary Petroleum Club
319 – 5th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta (Map)
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at [email protected].
© 2023 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP