Arbitration has a number of advantages when resolving domestic or international commercial disputes. Are you equipped to play your part in successfully managing the conduct of arbitrations?
Join a panel of industry peers and Blakes arbitration counsel for an interactive discussion focusing on the role of in-house counsel in domestic and international arbitrations. The panel will discuss the stages of an arbitration, decisions that need to be made at critical junctures and tips for how you can be proactive to make the process efficient, effective and successful.
- Making the decision to arbitrate
- Selecting outside counsel
- Selecting arbitrators
- Determining the arbitration strategy and process
- Participating in case management conferences and roles at the hearing
- Organizing internal resources and choosing experts
- Keeping an eye out for settlement opportunities
- David Avren, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Coast Capital Savings
- Elsie Plytas, Senior Counsel, Canadian Disputes, TD Legal
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 – 8 a.m.
- Presentations: 8 – 9 a.m
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
595 Burrard Street
Suite 2600, Three Bentall Centre
Vancouver, B.C. (Map)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program has been accredited for 1 CPD Credit Hour with The Law Society of British Columbia.
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at email@example.com.
© 2022 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP