On behalf of the Forstner Group Inc., Blakes and Campbell Strategies, you are invited to attend an event with a group of business and policy leaders to discuss “The Future of Money.” Our presenters will address the issues and implications of the rapid digitization of money, alternative currencies and financial innovation. This is a dynamic backdrop for Toronto’s banking and capital markets driven economy.
In the context of accelerating innovation and new technology, the implications are significant, posing fundamental questions for monetary policy, the role of central banks, banking and capital markets, cybersecurity, individual privacy, the role of governments, regulation, and public policy.
Our speakers include:
- Stephen Murchison, Advisor to the Governor, Bank of Canada
- Sasha Romanosky, B.Sc., PhD, The Rand Corporation – currently Cyber Policy Advisor at Pentagon, Office of the Secretary of Defense for Policy
- Nicholas de Pencier, President, Mercury Films Inc. – Director and Producer of the award-winning film Black Code
- Mathew Ingram, Senior Writer, Fortune – Written widely for many years on disruptive technology such as the blockchain, equity crowdfunding, social media, and the collection and use of personal data
- Jacqueline Shinfield, Partner, Blakes
- Registration and Breakfast: 7:45 a.m.
- Presentations, Panel Discussion and Break: 8:10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
199 Bay Street
Suite 4000, Commerce Court West
Toronto, Ontario (Map)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 2 hours of Substantive content.
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at [email protected].
© 2023 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP