Blakes invites you to attend a seminar focused on the development and implementation of effective intellectual property strategies in the oil and gas sector.
For many companies involved in one or more aspects of this sector, the development of technical solutions to problems has become crucial for advancing their business interests and profitability. Protecting those technical solutions is, therefore, vital to any company’s long-term interests and competitiveness.
This has led to both domestic and foreign companies in the oil and gas industry increasing their rates of patent filings in recent years. In turn, there has been a corresponding increase in patent litigation as patent owners strive to maintain their competitive advantage.
Join some of the industry's leading lawyers and patent agents in discussing these matters, including the following topics:
- Protecting confidentiality of intellectual property in the oil patch
- Patenting innovations with an eye on subsequent enforcement
- Statistics on patenting and enforcement in the oil and gas industry
- Issuing and responding to cease and desist letters
- The impact of patents on different parties in the industry
- Procedures for challenging patent applications and patents
- Best practices for settlement of patent litigation
- Santosh Chari, Toronto
- Dalton W. McGrath, Q.C., FCIArb, Partner, Calgary
- Michael O’Brien, Partner, Calgary
- Anthony Prenol, Toronto
- Emilie Cox, Associate, Calgary
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 - 8 a.m.
- Presentations: 8 - 9 a.m.
Calgary Petroleum Club
319 – 5 Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta (Map)
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at [email protected].
© 2024 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP