Directors and officers can face personal liability exposure in a wide range of circumstances, including claims for securities misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, oppression and liabilities imposed by statute.
Join members of the Blakes Enterprise Risk & Crisis Response group for a practical discussion about the various ways directors and officers can be protected against personal liability and the limits on such protections.
This seminar will address the following topics:
- Corporate governance issues
- Indemnification and liability trends
- Special issues for nominees or outside directors or officers
- Directors’ duties and liabilities in the vicinity of insolvency
- D&O insurance protections
- Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 – 8 a.m.
- Presentations: 8 – 9 a.m.
Calgary Petroleum Club
319 – 5th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta (Map)
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at [email protected].
© 2023 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP