Blakes is pleased to introduce a new program in our continued partnership with Women General Counsel Canada. Stepping Beyond is directed to women general counsel who are preparing for opportunities beyond their GC role.
We invite you to join us for a candid discussion with an experienced panel of current and former general counsel who will provide insights on how to expand or step beyond the GC role.
- Hear what they did to prepare for their next role and when they knew they were ready
- Learn how thinking outside the legal role can play an important part in succession planning and development opportunities for your team
- Find out how they identified opportunities and transitioned themselves, or a team member, into their next role beyond the legal department
We look forward to seeing you on September 27.
- Trudy Curran, Board of Directors, Baytex Energy Corp., Riversdale Resources, and Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta; Member, Board of Commissioners, Alberta Securities Commission
- Barbara Munroe, Executive Vice President, Corporate Services and General Counsel, WestJet
- Dean Readman, Director, Infrastructure Partnerships, Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Lisa Skakun, General Counsel and Chief Corporate Development Officer, Coast Capital Savings
- Karen Gilmore, Vice President and General Counsel, Fulmer Capital Partners Inc.; B.C. Chapter Leader and National Board Member, Women General Counsel Canada
Panel: 4 - 5 p.m
Q&A/Interactive Exercise: 5 – 5:30 p.m.
Networking: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program has been accredited for 1.5 CPD Credit Hours with The Law Society of British Columbia.
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
595 Burrard Street
Suite 2600, Three Bentall Centre
Vancouver, B.C. (Map)
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at [email protected].
© 2023 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP