Assistant Manager, Client Relations & Events
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for an Assistant Manager, Client Relations & Events to join the Client Relations & Marketing department in the Toronto office.
In conjunction with the Toronto Events team and reporting to the Manager, Client Programming & Events, this role is responsible for planning and executing a variety of client-facing and internal Blakes events and seminars that meet the Firm’s business development objectives. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join the team with the goal of growing into the manager role.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with the Business Development team, lawyers and other stakeholders to develop memorable, unique client events and experiences, including seminars, receptions, dinners and special events, and providing support for tradeshows, conferences and sponsorships
- Delivering high quality events and seminars end-to-end, including, but not limited to, planning, budget management, logistics, tracking, creative components of event onsite support and post-event reporting, and ensuring logistics are executed seamlessly
- National lead for webcast planning, execution and process improvements including; liaison with event production staff and vendors, scheduling and technical rehearsals
- Working with the Business Development team to assist with managing invitation lists
- Developing and managing event project plans, day-of-event schedules and run sheets
- Gathering and helping to prepare event and AV requirements, including coordinating in-house and offsite venue resources
- Sourcing and maintenance of strong relationships with suppliers and venues, including negotiations
- Working with the Creative Services and Marketing Technology teams to draft various print and electronic materials and coordinating the process for electronic invitations and communications
- Keeping up to date on industry trends with an eye for implementing new ideas/experiences and overseeing the event management process, including managing and organizing OneDrive documents nationally in conjunction with the Manager, Client Programming & Events
- Acting as the Events team lead for the Wrike process management tool and providing detailed insights and training
- Supervising Events coop students, including mentoring, and conducting reviews
- Conducting and leading the National Events Monthly Call (Montréal, Calgary, New York, Vancouver) to share best practices and brainstorm new event and gifting concepts
- Managing event metrics for the department to provide detailed analysis to the leadership team
- Maintain overview of event participation and event content to support seminar registration for learning accreditation with law society
- Leading Holiday Gifting Campaign, branded merchandise and tickets for the Toronto office and acting as a liaison for national offices to create synergies
- Support for Blakes Diversity and Inclusions focused affinity group events (Black@Blakes, EastAsian@Blakes, SouthAsian@Blakes, Pride@Blakes, Women@Blakes)
- Assisting with additional projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent, or a college diploma with a focus in marketing and/or events
- Minimum of five years of corporate event experience required
- Outgoing, personable, agile, excels in high-pressure scenarios and remains calms under pressure
- Flexibility with hours of work is required – events take place before and after normal working hours and occasionally on weekends
- Ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, juggle multiple events and prioritize tasks accordingly in a fast-paced, busy work environment
- Strong project management skills
- Strong client-service approach and desire to meet high expectations
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of tasks, establish priorities, and be accountable/responsible
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and judgment
- Strong logistical and planning skills
- A creative thinker who is solution oriented
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word and CMS
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application with your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.