Bilingual (English/French) Collections Administrator
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an opening for a Bilingual (English/French) Collections Administrator to join the Finance Department in the Toronto office.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Receivable, the Collections Administrator is responsible for the timely and professional follow-up/collection of the Firm’s outstanding accounts for an assigned portfolio of lawyers across the Firm.
Primary responsibilities of the Collections Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- Contacting clients regarding past due payment of accounts in accordance with Firm guidelines and procedures
- Working closely with Partners, Billing Assistants, A/R and Billing Teams to reconcile and resolve receivable matters to ensure timely payments
- Monitoring and maintaining aged AR portfolio while achieving target departmental goals and KPI’s
- Providing exemplary customer service
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date client files on the Accounts Receivable Collections Systems (ARCS)
- University degree or college diploma is required
- Minimum of two years of collections experience in a commercial or law firm environment
- Fluently bilingual (English and French) is required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of CMS is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a close team environment
- Strong analytical skills essential with proven problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work independently, while at the same time collaboratively with Firm members
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.