Business Development (BD) Coordinator
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is looking for a Business Development (BD) Coordinator to join the Client Relations & Marketing department in the Toronto office.
Reporting to the Director, Client Relations and Business Development, the BD Coordinator will contribute to the effective operation of business development and marketing activities. In this role, the BD Coordinator will work closely with the national Client Relations & Marketing team and various departments throughout the Firm.
As a member of the Client Relations & Marketing team, you will:
- Work and Project Management – Work with team members to construct and monitor work plans and deliverables for the BD team
- Business Planning – Help implement practice group, industry and client team plans
- Research – Work with the Business Intelligence team to deliver research projects, provide required data for various client or industry-focused initiatives, produce standard reports and monitor the CRM database to ensure it remains up to date
- Directory and Award Submissions – Coordinate the preparation of submissions, including information sourcing, data gathering and follow-up. You will be accountable for ensuring new mandates are submitted to appropriate league tables and the experience database.
- Marketing Materials – Work with the Creative Services team to develop and deliver updated or new collateral, and provide ongoing review and revision of both existing and new materials
- New Business RFPs and Pitches – Help develop information packages and other pitch and proposal materials
- Events – Conceive, plan and deliver strategic events in collaboration with the Events and Marketing Technology teams
- Website and Digital – Work with the Digital team to keep relevant practice area and sector pages updated and develop social media posts and Insights
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business/marketing or equivalent is required
- Minimum of one to three years of BD/marketing experience or similar role; experience in a professional service industry is an asset
- Bilingual (English/French) capability is an asset, but not essential
- Customer Service Orientation – courteous, responsive and delivers with a sense of urgency
- Communication Skills – strong verbal and written proficiency, including proofreading and editing capabilities
- Interpersonal Skills – strong interpersonal skills, supported by a foundation of patience, tact and confidence
- Adaptability – ability to adapt to multiple areas of law and various demands, deployable to any portfolio within the Firm as needed
- Creative Thinking – ability to share and embrace new ideas as well as to consider creative solutions to challenges or barriers
- Collaboration – proactively engages and coordinates across other administrative departments to deliver on key strategies and initiatives
- Judgment – identifies and raises red flags when an external or internal change or event could impact assigned groups
- Technology – strong proficiency with technology and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies as required
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.