Conflicts Analyst Team Lead / Conflicts Analyst Supervisor
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Conflicts Analyst Team Lead or Conflicts Analyst Supervisor to join the General Counsel’s Office (GCO) in the Toronto office. Depending on experience, this is a team lead or supervisor role, which will report to the Assistant General Counsel.
The preferred hours of work for this position are 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (EST).
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing or supervising the delegation and assignment of tasks to a team of Conflicts Analysts, including corporate research, search strategy and curation of conflict reports using Intapp Open
- Motivating and supervising the team, while providing coaching and counsel regarding deliverables. Conducting spot checks, providing feedback and applying sound judgment in identifying issues that require escalation to the GCO
- Providing day-to-day leadership to the team, ensuring team members are effectively equipped to perform and challenged to develop and grow
- Designing and leading onboarding and continuing training efforts while promoting best practices with existing and new team members
- Conducting conflict of interest searches according to the Firm’s defined procedures and using the Firm’s conflict searching software, Intapp Open
- Defining appropriate search parameters, searching multiple databases to identify potential conflicts of interest and other risk issues such as sanctions, and preparing and curating conflict reports for the Firm’s lawyers to review
- Ensuring all relevant information is captured, recorded and maintained in accordance with defined policies and procedures in the Firm’s databases
- Assisting in the creation of various tracking systems in connection with lateral hires, sanctions and other risk issues, as requested
- Performing project-specific testing for new Intapp Open developments. Applying knowledge of Intapp Open system, policies and procedures to assess functionality of various available upgrades, and facilitating selection and implementation of new Intapp Open features
- Reviewing relevant communications from Intapp Open to identify improvements or training opportunities that should be considered
- Liaising with the Ethical Screen Team Lead to assess cross-training requirements
- Providing coaching and assistance to legal assistants as needed to ensure all required information for new matter opening is captured and recorded accurately, and information for existing matters is updated in a timely manner
- Supporting key projects and initiatives undertaken by the GCO as required to manage the Firm’s risk, as well as participating in all required clerical and administrative needs for effective functioning of the office
- Undergraduate diploma or degree preferred
- Five years + of professional work experience in a law firm required
- Proficiency with Intapp Open or experience with conflict searches required
- Strong leadership qualities
- Research and analytical experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent customer-service attitude with the ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Sound judgement and decision-making abilities that can be relied on by all levels of management
- Strong relationship-building skills within the department and across departments
- Positive, professional disposition and flexibility to handle regular interruptions and unexpected changes to workflow
- Team player who is willing to assist peers as needed, troubleshoot problems and participate in developing solutions
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and resume directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.