HR/Professional Resources Assistant
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an opening for an experienced professional to join the Firm as an HR/Professional Resources Assistant in the Legal Personnel department. This position is located in our Toronto office.
Reporting to the Director, Legal Personnel & Professional Development, the HR/Professional Resources Assistant will support the Legal Personnel team.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the recruitment team to coordinate and manage logistics surrounding the law student recruitment process and lateral lawyer-recruitment process
- Managing all legal-professional evaluation processes
- Coordinating all student advertising initiatives, including sponsorship/donation requests from law schools and merchandising needs for internal and external recruitment efforts and sponsorships
- Maintaining relationships with all applicable law schools and law student organizations, and ensuring effective and consistent service delivery and brand representation
- Maintaining an updated list of Firm memberships and working together with members of the Finance team to ensure timely payment of all related fees
- Performing administrative work associated with the organization of our recruitment processes and day-to-day administration of the student and associate programs
- Managing all recruitment-oriented activities relating to law students, including the Firm’s Open House, law firm tours and career fairs, among other things
- Researching, organizing and coordinating all law student and some associate events, including law student social events, Call-to-Bar Reception, partner and associate breakfasts, Legal Personnel and Human Resources volunteer initiatives, etc.
- Ensuring that Legal Personnel expense reports are properly recorded, approved and processed
- Working collaboratively with all other Human Resources/Professional Development functions to support priorities and deliverables
- College diploma or university degree and/or equivalent combination of education/work experience; law firm or professional resources experience considered an asset
- Administrative experience within a professional services organization and/or human resources department, including recruitment, considered an asset
- Energetic, self-motivated and results-oriented with the ability to take initiative
- Exceptional organizational, time-management and multitasking skills, with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter who is proactive, takes initiative and works well independently (with minimal supervision) and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and customer-service attitude
- Positive, professional disposition
- Ability to handle regular interruptions, unexpected changes to workflow and reprioritizing workload as necessary
- Demonstrates tact and respect for confidential material
- Demonstrates reliability, flexibility and adaptability in meeting demands with a willingness to work extra hours when required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience with SharePoint and ViGlobal considered an asset
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.