HRIS Administrator (12-Month Contract)
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for an HRIS Administrator to join the Human Resources department in Toronto. This position is a 12-month contract.
Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards & HR Systems, this position works closely with HR and Payroll to ensure accurate and timely processing and maintain employee information in the HRIS (UKG). In addition to creating and delivering ad hoc reports and information, this role supports and assists the broader Total Rewards function in the delivery of employee compensation and pension and benefit plan arrangements for the Firm, both in Canada and internationally.
Primary responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Creating and maintaining employee profiles in the HRIS, including personnel and payroll information
- Working with vendors to ensure data feeds are running smoothly and problem solve any issues in a timely manner
- Supporting data integrity in the HR System, through data input monitoring and auditing
- Creating both standard and ad hoc reports from the HRIS as requested
- Administering HRIS access and security roles
- Maintaining other HR-owned databases to ensure data integrity
- Working closely with HR, IT and Finance to troubleshoot any downstream data issues
- Identifying and making recommendations on processes that can be made more efficient through the HRIS or other technology
- Performing system upgrades, testing and audits, as well as providing training and technical support to system users
- Developing and implementing new processes for efficient HR administration
- Supporting compensation programs, including market pricing and survey participation, and annual performance, pay and bonus review and delivery processes
- Administering the processing of pension, benefit and wellness plans for the Firm, including preparing monthly payments and reimbursements, assisting plan members in addressing questions and concerns, and assisting in preparing and tracking annual budgets
- Participating in designing and delivering employee communications, surveys and information sessions with a view to improving education and engagement in Total Rewards programs
- Working collaboratively as part of the broader HR team to ensure common priorities and projects are delivered
- Post-secondary education in human resources management or the equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of one to three years of professional work experience
- Experience with HRIS and payroll administration is preferred
- Previous experience with UKG (UltiPro) is an asset
- Clear understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements
- Strong organizational skills, time management and ability to multitask
- Ability to think critically, to strategically and creatively problem solve in a time sensitive manner and to effectively communicate possible solutions
- Strong relationship-building skills within the department, across departments and outside the Firm
- Excellent communication skills and customer-service attitude
- Positive, professional disposition and flexibility to handle regular interruptions and unexpected changes to workflow
- Demonstrates tact and respect for confidential material
- Team player who is willing to assist peers as needed
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel and Word
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.