Infrastructure Specialist, Cloud Services
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for an Infrastructure Specialist, Cloud Services to join the Information Technology department in the Toronto office.
Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure Services, the Infrastructure Specialist will manage all aspects of Blakes Infrastructure, including design, architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring and security of the infrastructure hardware, network, backup, storage, and virtualization and cloud technologies. This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies for optimal use of infrastructure within the organization and the cloud. The Infrastructure Specialist must be able to work as part of the team with very little supervision in a highly charged and fast-paced environment.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Administering and managing domain services, Microsoft 365, Exchange Email services and Microsoft Azure
- Investigating potential harmful email and attachments and remediating the threats
- Monitoring and analyzing alerts and logs from infrastructure systems and cloud services
- Remediating vulnerabilities to infrastructure systems identified from security advisory report
- Maintaining infrastructure equipment, operating systems and software with current updates and version
- Troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure problems as per established SLAs
- Keeping current with the new released features of Microsoft 365, Azure cloud and reporting to IT management
- Assisting with the creation and implementation of policies for Microsoft 365 services
- Providing escalation support in a third-tier capacity
- Installing and configuring new hardware, software, storage and virtual servers for new projects
- Providing after hours on-call support related to infrastructure services on rotational basis
- Creating and maintaining documentation of the infrastructure systems and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technologies or related field, or an equivalent combination of work experience, education and training
- Minimum of three years of related working experience with administration and management of Microsoft 365, Exchange and Azure AD
- Industry standard certification is preferred
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administration Associate, Messaging Administrator Associate
- Strong experience with Exchange online, Exchange online protection and on-premise
- Good working experience with PowerShell scripting
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Working experience with Azure Monitoring
- Azure platform experience, including virtual machine, networking, disaster recovery and storage components
- Working knowledge of Azure resource manager
- Azure IaaS and PaaS experience
- Support and maintain Firm’s Azure and Microsoft 365 governance policies
- Working experience of collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business
- Experience with Active Directory, Azure AD, DNS, ADFS federation, SSO, MFA and PKI
- Strong experience with VMware virtualization, Storage, Microsoft server OS and domain services
- Ability to prepare requirements, design, program specifications and time schedules for assigned projects based on IT department’s project management standards
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with users and vendors
- Ability to implement the necessary tools to proactively monitor, troubleshoot, and where necessary, assist and provide support to third parties to solve infrastructure connectivity problems
- Ability to provide daily support on Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows Services and messaging services
- Working experience with Microsoft DevOps
- Implementing the approved new released features of Microsoft 365 and Azure cloud
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to research for a solution
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application with your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.