Innovation Technology Analyst
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for an Innovation Technology Analyst to join the Practice Innovation department in the Toronto office.
Reporting to the Head, Practice Innovation and Change Management, the Innovation Technology Analyst will be responsible for helping us continue to transform how we provide services to clients. This position will be responsible for providing legal technology support to the Practice Innovation team and other members of the Firm.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technology management support services and overseeing ongoing data maintenance for several legal technologies used by the Firm
- Building and delivering document automation for various practice groups
- Applying Firm legal technology for certain use cases, such as creating client extranets and internal collaboration sites
- Administering and managing several legal technologies used by the Firm, including Closing Folders, Contract Express, DocuSign, HighQ and other legal technologies, as required
- Supporting content management on the Firm’s intranet
- Assisting in the development, maintenance and improvement of processes and other activities related to legal technology
- Acting as a point of escalation for software and data-related issues and queries; liaising directly with vendors to resolve issues
- Contributing to continuous software improvements through information sharing, recommending product improvements and training
- Coordinating and managing enhancement requests with vendors
- Actively engaging in Practice Innovation projects
- Performing other duties as required from time to time
- University degree in a business, technology or information sciences discipline or related field of study
- Experience in a professional services or law firm environment is preferred; recent graduates will also be considered for this position
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter and independent thinker
- Superior time management and organizational skills to efficiently multitask and prioritize competing demands
- High-technology proficiency (including advanced MS Word, Excel and other relevant software programs)
- Ability to define areas of improvements, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Strong analytical, conceptual and excellent problem-solving abilities are required
- Energized by a fast-paced setting and able to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Extremely well organized with superb attention to detail
- Ability to follow up on activities without delays and work autonomously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with business stakeholders to achieve goals
- Strong work ethic and collaborative work approach
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences for not only our clients, but also our employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.