Learning & Development Coordinator
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for a Learning & Development Coordinator to join the Human Resources department in the Toronto office.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Professional Development & Learning, this position is involved in supporting the Professional Development & Learning team and all facets of learning — from needs analysis and instructional design to facilitation and training.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Professional Development & Learning team’s projects and initiatives from planning through to implementation
- Administration of LMS and other learning platforms, including those related to cybersecurity
- Reporting on training completion and generating post-training reports to assess effectiveness and ROI of learning programs
- Coordinating all logistics of in-person training sessions and events including pre-delivery and post-delivery functions
- Supporting e-learning content development using Captivate, Camtasia and other applicable software/authoring tools to supplement in-class training and promote a blended learning environment
- Assisting with the delivery and facilitation of various types of in-class and web-based training sessions, including new hire orientation, software rollouts, monthly refresher training and soft skills training
- Developing supporting learning material, including reference guides, handouts and FAQs that will enhance and promote user adoption
- Providing desk-side coaching and floor support for firmwide rollouts or training programs and initiatives as required
- College or bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in the development, facilitation and delivery of training in a blended learning environment or equivalent experience
- Legal/professional environment experience would be an asset
- Passionate candidate who is detail-oriented, has an outstanding work ethic and a positive attitude to support the Professional Development & Learning team
- Client service oriented with demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Creative mindset with the willingness to voice opinions and make suggestions that will positively impact the learning landscape at Blakes
- Passion for learning and continuous development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills needed to effectively convey learning content in a polished, tactful and diplomatic manner
- Adaptable, patient and identifies as a “Change Champion”
- Working knowledge of Adobe Captivate or other e-learning and authoring tools
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in collaborative spaces
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills when identifying training needs, selecting methodology for training programs and putting together supporting learning material
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365 Suite
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences for not only our clients, but also our employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.