Risk Management/Screen Clerk
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Risk Management/Screen Clerk to join the General Counsel’s Office in Toronto. This is a full-time position. The preferred hours of work for this position are 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
Reporting to the Firm’s General Counsel’s Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of ethical screens. Our clients’ confidential information is of utmost importance to us, and the creation of ethical screens allows us to preserve the integrity of this information. The Risk Management/Screen Clerk performs the crucial role of utilizing technology to do this in a seamless manner.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as a main point of contact when ethical screens should be created, updated or dismantled
- Maintaining ethical screen software and performing upgrades, as needed
- Drafting and distributing screen memoranda to lawyers and their assistants
- Generating reports relating to ethical screens, including billing and timekeeper reports
- Educating lawyers and legal assistants to ensure proper procedures are followed when working on screened or special matters
- Answering questions about screens from lawyers and assistants
- Performing other duties and work with other departments such as IT and Finance in order to complete projects, as assigned
- Undergraduate diploma or degree required
- Three to five years of professional work experience in a law firm preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, are required
- Experience with Intapp Walls is considered an asset but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Extremely well organized with superb attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities and working within tight deadlines
- Uses a logical method for organizing and analyzing information
- Exceptional customer-service orientation – courteous, responsive and delivers with a sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills, supported by a foundation of patience, tact, and confidence
- Ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships
- Strong proficiency with technology and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies as required
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are:
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences for not only our clients, but also our employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.