Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Systems Specialist to join the Information Technology department in the Toronto office.
Blakes has deployed solutions to facilitate business intake (file opening) and adjacent conflicts reporting and resolution. At the core of this initiative is the configuration and deployment of Intapp Open, a widely used platform in law firms across North America.
This position will support the effective operation of the Firm through the management and continuous improvement of the Firm’s owned IT applications. The Systems Specialist will work with internal business stakeholders to prioritize and implement changes with assistance from the system vendor and other internal IT resources.
With a focus on Intapp Open, the Systems Specialist will be responsible for:
System Integrations and Support
- System Upgrades – Regular reviews of impending release notes for future upgrades; scheduling and implementation of upgrades and new features across QA, training and production environments
- Ongoing System Health – Monitor and maintain system performance, security (patching and vulnerability management) and backup/recovery
- System Configuration – Managing identification and resolution of mismatches of code table values and timekeepers; managing form and workflows design updates; maintaining parties, flags and external-provider sources; maintaining conflicts configurations and administration; and processing, moving and rectifying workflow requests in need of support
- System Change Management – Work with business teams to ensure system capabilities are optimized; stay abreast of changing business requirements, and effectively project plan and manage teams through system changes (functionality reviews, scripts and testing, and training and adoption)
- System Usage and Performance Reporting – Preparing reports from the SQL database on volumes and metrics of requests/searches handled by the Finance and GC intake analysts’ teams; reporting on trends in practice or office requests for new files and conflicts searches and reports; reporting on request-approval bottlenecks; and reporting on other developments in PowerBI and SSRS
- Support Model – Establishing and maintaining an effective multi-tier support model for both business process and technical issues
- Integrations – Interfacing with relevant Blakes IT resources, as required, to identify and resolve issues related to system integrations, primarily Aderant and Intapp Integration Builder
- Vendor Support – Establishing and maintaining ongoing vendor agreements with both the system vendor and consultants to provide ongoing technical support
- Five to seven years of experience in systems management and administration; experience with law firm system is considered an asset (Intapp, Aderant, etc.)
- Excellent customer-service orientation – courteous, responsive and delivers with a sense of urgency
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, supported by a foundation of patience, tact and confidence
- DBA or SQL administration and report-writing skills
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Working as a team or individually as required
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with users and vendors
- Working with QA, production and application support personnel in the implementation of operational systems
- Adherence to IT policies and procedures
- Documents applications based upon appropriate IT department standards
- Performing duties outside of normal business hours as required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Passion for continuous improvement and learning
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.