Sunny founded and leads the Blakes Technology group nationally and has over 20 years of experience working with both emerging and world-leading tech companies in Canada and internationally. Prior to joining Blakes, he founded several start-ups. Today, he represents technology businesses from small to large.
In the start-up space, Sunny and the Blakes Technology team work on all of the legal aspects of a start-up business including, but not limited to:
- Incorporation matters, including shareholder agreements and related matters
- Intellectual property advice and registrations (patents, trademarks, copyright, etc.)
- Financing transactions whether debt or equity
- Privacy policies
- Licensing and software as service agreements
- Government compliance (e.g., radiocommunication (wireless), electrical and technology export compliance matters)
- Employment agreements and related advice
Sunny is also a professor (adj.) at McGill University, where he is currently teaching the course Communications Law and previously taught in the areas of IT law, complex corporate and commercial transactions and intellectual property law. He has also authored and co-authored 14 books in the areas of law and business.
To learn more about Sunny's background and obtain his contact information, click here.