Due to COVID-19, our Blakes annual fall seminar has moved to a webcast series. This will ensure our clients receive the most recent developments in pensions, employee benefits and executive compensation law as they relate to the pandemic and other current topics of importance to the industry.
Over the coming months in 2020, we will address the following in monthly webcasts:
This webcast will be presented in French. If you are interested in participating in the English language program, please click here.
- Quebec Update: Temporary Relief Measures, Unclaimed Property, E-Communications and Governance in the COVID-19 Environment
- Pension Investment Issues in the COVID-19 Environment
- Update on Ontario Pension Asset Transfers
- Missing Members: Administration Issues and Potential Regulatory Developments
- Regulatory and Case Law Round-Up
- Family Law Challenges: Case Studies and Practical Guidance for Plan Administrators
- Working from Home: Pension and Benefit Considerations
- Fiduciary Duties: Lessons for Pension Plan Administrators
WhenWednesday, August 19, 2020
1 – 2 p.m. (EDT)
Mandatory Continuing Education
This program contains 45 minutes of Substantive content.
Please note that pursuant to the amendments to the Règlement sur la formation continue obligatoire des avocats (Regulation respecting mandatory continuing education for lawyers – available in French only) of the Barreau du Québec, which came into force on April 1, 2019, the status of “recognized provider” and the mandatory “recognition” of activities have been abolished.
Blakes will continue to provide you with a confirmation of participation for your records. As stipulated in the above-mentioned regulation, members must preserve supporting documents attesting their completion of training activities for a period of seven years beginning on April 30 following the end of the reference period during which such activities were completed.
This program has been accredited for 0.75 CPD Credit Hours with The Law Society of British Columbia.
Blakes and Blakes Business Class communications are intended for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice or an opinion on any issue. We would be pleased to provide additional details or advice about specific situations if desired.
For permission to republish this content, please contact the Blakes Client Relations & Marketing Department at email@example.com.
© 2022 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP