Canada is valued for its economic stability, government regulatory transparency, strong private-property rights and low-volatility marketplace. This makes our country an attractive and highly competitive market for domestic and international investors in Canadian commercial real estate.
Blakes has one of the largest commercial real estate practices in Canada. Our lawyers’ breadth of knowledge of the Canadian commercial real estate market lets us offer seamless service on a complete spectrum of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, financing, development and leasing across Canada.
Clients rely on us to assist them with all their real estate requirements, from negotiating and drafting through dispute resolution and exit strategies including:
- Ownership, investment and transaction structuring
- Acquisition and disposition of all classes of real property assets, including office, retail, hotel, industrial, recreational and development properties
- Financing, including long-term, construction and other loans and mortgage securitizations
- Real property ownership structures, including joint ventures, partnership and shareholder arrangements
- Cross-border investments
- Leasing and asset management
- Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Construction and development agreements
- Infrastructure projects
- Workouts and restructurings
Our clients are Canadian, U.S. and other international institutional and private entities, developers, real estate advisers, banks, pension funds, fund managers, insurance companies, REITs, retail and other commercial property owners and occupiers, governments and government agencies, and hotel owners and operators. These clients have relied upon us in some of the most challenging and complex real estate transactions in recent years, some of which are listed below.
If you are an investor seeking to expand your real estate interests, our Real Estate lawyers can provide the cutting-edge, strategic advice you need.